The Gauge Development Kit (GDK) is a complete evaluation system for any single-cell fuel gauge developed by Texas Instruments Incorporated. The GDK is a single printed circuit board (PCB) equipped with a programmable load, programmable charger, an optional on-board fuel gauge and an integrated EV2400 for PC interaction via Battery Management Studio. A USB PC cable, 6 V 2.5 A DC Jack (or equivalent power supply connection) and the latest version of Battery Management Studio is needed when using the GDK.
Once the GDK is connected to a PC via USB cable, Battery Management Studio will allow the user to do the following:
- Read the connected fuel gauge data registers.
- Configure the connected fuel gauge.
- Discharge and/or charge the connected battery.
- Log cycling data for evaluation and performance.
- Automate learning cycles.
- Evaluate the overall functionality of the connected fuel gauge under different charge and discharge conditions. The latest Windows™ – based PC software can be downloaded from the product folder on the Texas Instruments Web site.