The LP2992 is a 250-mA, fixed-output voltage regulator designed to provide ultra-low
dropout and low noise in battery-powered applications.
Using an optimized vertically integrated PNP (VIP) process, the LP2992 delivers unequaled
performance in all specifications critical to battery-powered designs:
- Dropout voltage: Typically 450 mV at 250-mA load, and 5 mV at 1-mA
- Ground pin current: Typically 1500 µA at 250-mA load, and 75 µA at 1-mA load.
- Enhanced stability: The LP2992 is stable with output capacitor equivalent
series resistance (ESR) as low as 5 mΩ, which allows the use of ceramic capacitors on the
- Sleep mode: Less than 1-µA quiescent current when
ON/OFF pin is pulled low.
- Smallest possible size: SOT-23
and WSON packages use absolute minimum board space.
- Precision output: 1%
tolerance output voltages available (A grade).
- Low noise: By adding a 10-nF
bypass capacitor, output noise can be reduced to 30 µV (typical).
voltage options, from 1.5 V to 5 V, are available as standard products. Consult factory for custom
For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the
end of the data sheet.
View datasheet View product folder