The MSP430F5529 USB microcontroller development kit is not supported by the Mac or Linux versions of the Code Composer Studio™ Integrated Development Environment. If you want to work with these operating systems, we suggest you select one of the many MSP LaunchPads.
The MSP430F5529 Experimenter Board (MSP-EXP430F5529) is a development platform for the MSP430F5529 device, from the latest generation of MSP430 devices with integrated USB. The board is compatible with many TI low-power RF wireless evaluation modules such as the CC2520EMK. The Experimenter Board helps designers quickly learn and develop using the new F55xx MCUs, which provide the industry's lowest active power consumption, integrated USB, and more memory and leading integration for applications such as energy harvesting, wireless sensing and automatic metering infrastructure (AMI).
The MSP430F5529 device on the experimenter board can be powered and debugged via the integrated ezFET, or via TI Flash Emulation Tool, like the MSP-FET430UIF.
- Based on new MSP430F5529 MCU for ultra-low power designs that need enhanced functionality and integrated USB
- Fast low power wireless development with eZ430-RF2500 tool, out-of-the-box platform for Z-Stack Pro and support for various TI Low Power Wireless RF evaluation modules, which cover the sub-1GHz and 2.4GHz frequency bands
- 102x64 dot-matrix LCD for rich user interfaces and fun games
- Multiple input/output options allow for fast system development: capacitive touch buttons/sliders, push buttons, USB, micro SD slot, LEDs, and scroll wheel.
- Integrated ezFET allows the experimenter board to plug directly to PC via USB for power and debugging.
- JTAG header connection available for 4-wire JTAG programming and debugging with the MSP-FET430UIF.
- Compatible with Code Composer Studio, Free 16KB IDE
- Complete User Experience software demo pre-installed, with source code available for download.
- PCB design available for download (Eagle PCB)
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
Download Design Files