The MSP-FET430U24 is a powerful flash emulation tool (FET) that includes the hardware and software required to quickly begin application development on the MSP430 MCU. It includes a ZIF socket target board (MSP-TS430PW24) and a USB debugging interface (MSP-FET) used to program and debug the MSP430 in-system through the JTAG interface or the Spy Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) protocol. The flash memory can be erased and programmed in seconds with only a few keystrokes, and since the MSP430 flash is ultra-low power, no external power supply is required.
The debugging tool interfaces the MSP430 to the included integrated software environment and includes code to start your design immediately. The included MSP-TS430PW24 development board supports all MSP430AFE2xx flash parts in a 24-pin TSSOP package (TI package code: PW).
The 24-pin socket target board (MSP-TS430PW24) is also available standalone without the additional debugging interface.
- USB debugging interface (MSP-FET) connects a flash-based MSP430 MCU to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging
- Software configurable supply voltage between 1.8 and 3.6 volts at 100mA
- Supports JTAG Security Fuse blow to protect code
- Supports all MSP430 boards with JTAG header
- Supports both JTAG and Spy-Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) debug protocols
- Development board (MSP-TS430PW24) with a ZIF socket fitting MSP430AFE2xx derivatives in 24-pin TSSOP (PW) packages includes an LED indicator, JTAG adapter, and header pin-outs for prototyping
- USB cable and a 14-pin conductor cable is provided
- Includes IAR Kickstart and Code Composer Essentials integrated development environments which includes an assembler, linker, simulator, source-level debugger, and code limited C-compiler
- Development board with 24-pin TSSOP (PW) ZIF socket (MSP-TS430PW24)
- JTAG Header cable
- One MSP430AFE253IPW flash device
- USB Cable
- USB debugging interface (MSP-FET)