OMAP3503 high-performance, applications processor is based on the enhanced OMAP 3 architecture.
The OMAP 3 architecture is designed to provide best-in-class video, image, and graphics processing sufficient to support the following:
- Streaming video
- 3D mobile gaming
- Video conferencing
- High-resolution still image
The device supports high-level operating systems (OSs), such as:
This OMAP device includes state-of-the-art power-management techniques required for high-performance mobile products.
The following subsystems are part of the device:
- Microprocessor unit (MPU) subsystem based on the ARM Cortex-A8 microprocessor
- Camera image signal processor (ISP) that supports multiple formats and interfacing options connected to a wide variety of image sensors
- Display subsystem with a wide variety of features for multiple concurrent image manipulation, and a programmable interface supporting a wide variety of displays. The display subsystem also supports NTSC/PAL video out.
- Level 3 (L3) and level 4 (L4) interconnects that provide high-bandwidth data transfers for multiple initiators to the internal and external memory controllers and to on-chip peripherals
The device also offers:
- A comprehensive power and clock-management scheme that enables high-performance, low-power operation, and ultralow-power standby features. The device also supports SmartReflex adaptative voltage control. This power management technique for automatic control of the operating voltage of a module reduces the active power consumption.
- Memory stacking feature using the package-on-package (POP) implementation (CBB and CBC packages only)
OMAP3503 is available in a 515-pin s-PBGA package (CBB suffix), 515-pin s-PBGA package (CBC suffix), and a 423-pin s-PBGA package (CUS suffix). Some features of the CBB and CBC packages are not available in the CUS package.
Table 1-1 lists the differences between the CBB, CBC, and CUS packages.
This OMAP3503 Applications Processor data manual presents the electrical and mechanical specifications for the OMAP3503 Applications Processor. The information contained in this data manual applies to both the commercial and extended temperature versions of the OMAP3503 Applications Processor unless otherwise indicated. It consists of the following sections:
View datasheet View product folder
- A description of the OMAP3503 terminals: assignment, electrical characteristics, multiplexing, and functional description (Section 2)
- A presentation of the electrical characteristics requirements: power domains, operating conditions, power consumption, and dc characteristics (Section 3)
- The clock specifications: input and output clocks, DPLL and DLL (Section 4)
- The video DAC specification (Section 5)
- The timing requirements and switching characteristics (ac timings) of the interfaces (Section 6)
- A description of thermal characteristics, device nomenclature, and mechanical data about the available packaging (Section 7)