The new TMS320C55x Power Optimization DSK optimizes and maximizes the power efficiency and battery life of portable and mobile applications. Available today, the DSK includes a fully-integrated set of power estimation and measurement tools and allows developers to accurately plan, analyze, manage and optimize real-time power consumption.
Determining accurate power consumption early in the design process is essential. The new Power Optimization DSK eliminates the guesswork and provides visibility into C55x™ DSPs, allowing you to make the right tradeoffs in performance, peripherals activity and external memory use.
In addition, the tools enable developers to consume only as much power as necessary by dynamically turning off all peripherals and internal functional units when not in use. You can now configure devices based on accurate and detailed power consumption information.
- Power planning tools: Plan net power consumption with device specific power planning tools. Review application notes and spreadsheet to create a trial configuration.
- Power Scaling Library: Scale voltage and frequency using power scaling software.
- Power Manager in DSP/BIOS™ kernel: Manage power states with the DSP/BIOS™ power management kernel.
- National Instruments Power Analyzer: Measure and analyze power consumption using the National Instruments Analyzer. The DSK has built-in National Instruments USB measurement hardware for power monitoring and trigger functionality for profiling power consumption during specific segments of code.
The full contents of the kit include:
- VC5509a DSP Development Board
- VC5509a DSK Code Composer Studio(TM) v3.1 IDE
- National Instrument’s Power Analyzer
- DSP/BIOS PWR MGR and Power Scaling Library
- Quick Start Guide
- Technical Reference
- Customer Support Guide
- USB Cable
- Universal Power Supply
- AC Power Cord(s)