The Blackhawk XDS100v2 is the second generation of the XDS100 family of debug probes (emulators) for TI processors. The XDS100 family features the lowest cost of all the XDS family of debug probes while supporting the traditional JTAG standard (IEEE1149.1). Also, all XDS debug probes support Core and System Trace in all ARM and DSP processors that feature an Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB).
Note: cJTAG (IEEE1149.7) compatible debug probes are labeled XDS100v3 and available from selected third parties. cJTAG is required if debugging a CC26xx, CC2538 or CC13xx device.
The Blackhawk XDS100v2 connects to the target board via a TI 20-pin connector and to the host PC via USB2.0 High Speed (480Mbps). It also requires a license of Code Composer Studio™ IDE running on the host PC.
The Blackhawk XDS100v2 comes in a package consisting of
- XDS100v2 debug board
- USB2.0 cable
- Quick start guide
- Basic JTAG debug supports most TI microcontrollers (except MSP430), all wireless MCUs, most DSPs (except C54x, C62x, C67x) and all ARM processors
- Core and System trace are available via the ETB in selected ARM and DSP processors
- For more information on the trace capabilities of a particular device please refer to its technical reference manual (TRM)
You will need:
- A free license of Code Composer Studio IDE (paid licenses can also be used)
- A host PC that matches the minimum requirements of the Code Composer Studio IDE
- A target board that features a compatible JTAG header
You may need:
- An adapter to allow connecting to target boards that features different JTAG headers
- Product box dimensions: 160mm x 160mm x 32mm (6.0in x 6.0in x 1.3in)
- Packaged product weight: 230g (8.0oz)