The Texas Instruments XDS110 EnergyTrace™ High Dynamic Range (ETHDR) is an accessory to the XDS110 Debug Probe (emulator) that increases the Dynamic Range of the Energy Trace feature. This allows performing very accurate power consumption measurements on all Simplelink Wireless MCUs while still using the same well known user interface. This makes the XDS110 ETHDR a solution that fits all designer needs for power monitoring.
The XDS110 ETHDR connects to the XDS110 Debug Probe via its 30-pin Expansion connector and uses the Auxiliary 14-pin port connection on the XDS110 Debug Probe. This allows for a seamless increase in the dynamic range of existing test environments that use the EnergyTrace feature included in the XDS110 Debug Probe.
The XDS110 ETHDR has the following features:
- Voltage supply to the target board from 1.8V to 3.6V
- Current supply up to 800mA when using the provided USB cable
- Current sampling performed at 256kSPS
- Two modes of operation:
- High accuracy / low peak mode: output current from 1µA to 120mA
- Low accuracy / high peak mode: output current from 1µA to 800mA
The XDS110 ETHDR comes in a package consisting of:
- XDS110 ETDHR pod
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
- SimpleLink MCUs (CC13xx, CC26xx, CC3x, MSP432)
- C2000, TM4C12x and Hercules microcontrollers
- MSP430 Microcontrollers are NOT supported
You will need:
- An installation of Code Composer Studio v7 (or later) or a compatible 3rd party development environment.
- An XDS110 Debug Probe (TMDSEMU110-U)
- Product box dimensions: 260mm x 200mm x 50mm (10.0in x 8.0in x 2.0in)
- Packaged product weight: 240g (8.0oz)