The Texas Instruments XDS110 is a new class of debug probe (emulator) for TI embedded processors. The XDS110 replaces the XDS100 family while supporting a wider variety of standards (IEEE1149.1, IEEE1149.7, SWD) in a single pod. Also, all XDS debug probes support Core and System Trace in all ARM and DSP processors that feature an Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB).
Important: Code Composer Studio users need to be on version 7.0 or later. Please do not use the standalone XDS110 Debug Probe with an earlier version of Code Composer Studio.
The Texas Instruments XDS110 connects to the target board via a TI 20-pin connector (with multiple adapters for TI 14-pin and, ARM 10-pin and ARM 20-pin) and to the host PC via USB2.0 High Speed (480Mbps). It also features two additional connections: the Auxiliary 14-pin port connector that enables EnergyTrace™, a full duplex UART port and four General-Purpose I/Os, and the Expansion 30-pin connector to connect the EnergyTrace™ HDR pod (to be available at a future date).
The XDS110 comes in a package consisting of:
- XDS110 debug pod
- 20-pin debug cable
- 14-pin auxiliary cable
- TI 20-pin to TI 14-pin converter adapter
- TI 20-pin to ARM Cortex 20-pin converter adapter
- TI 20-pin to ARM Cortex 10-pin converter adapter
- USB cable
- Breakout board for auxiliary cable
- Quick start guide
- SimpleLink MCUs (CC13xx, CC26xx, CC3x, MSP432)
- C2000, TM4C12x and Hercules microcontrollers
- DSPs with the exception of C54x, C62x, C670x, C671x and C672x
- ARM Cortex A based processors
- UCD3x Digital Power Controllers
- MSP430 Microcontrollers
- ARM9 based processors that use adaptive clocking such as OMAPL13x and AM1xxx
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD) and Serial Wire Output (SWO) are available for selected microcontrollers and wireless connectivity microcontrollers
- Core and System trace are available via the ETB in selected ARM and DSP processors
- For more information on the trace capabilities of a particular device please refer to its technical reference manual (TRM)
You will need:
- An installation of Code Composer Studio v7 (or later) or a compatible 3rd party development environment.
- A target board that features one of the compatible JTAG headers.
You may need:
- An adapter to allow connecting to target boards that features different JTAG headers
- Product box dimensions: 260mm x 200mm x 50mm (10.0in x 8.0in x 2.0in)
- Packaged product weight: 240g (8.0oz)