The XDS560v2 System Trace is the first model of the XDS560v2 family of high-performance debug probes (emulators) for TI processors. The XDS560v2 is the highest performance of the XDS family of debug probes and supports both the traditional JTAG standard (IEEE1149.1) and cJTAG (IEEE1149.7).
The XDS560v2 System Trace adds system pin trace in its large external memory buffer. Available for selected TI devices, this external memory buffer captures device-level information that allows obtaining accurate bus performance activity and throughput, as well as power management of core and peripherals. Also, all XDS debug probes support Core and System Trace in all ARM and DSP processors that feature an Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB).
The Blackhawk XDS560v2 System Trace connects to the target board via a MIPI HSPT 60-pin connector (with multiple adapters for TI 14-pin, TI 20-pin and ARM 20 pin) and to the host PC via USB2.0 High speed (480Mbps).
The Blackhawk XDS560v2 System Trace comes in a package consisting of:
- XDS560v2 System Trace debug pod
- MIPI HSPT 60-pin to TI 14-pin converter adapter
- MIPI HSPT 60-pin to TI 20-pin converter adapter
- MIPI HSPT 60-pin to ARM 20-pin converter adapter
- USB2.0 cable
- CDROM with device drivers
- Quick Start guide
- Warranty and product registration information
- Basic JTAG debug supports most TI microcontrollers (except MSP430), all wireless MCUs, most DSPs (except C54x, C62x, C67x) and all ARM processors
- cJTAG debug supports all CC26xx, CC2538 and CC13xx devices
- System pin trace is available for devices that are system trace enabled such as AM335x, AM437x, 66AK2x, C66x, DM81x, AM38x
- Core and System trace are available via the ETB in selected ARM and DSP processors
- For more information on the trace capabilities of a particular device please refer to its technical reference manual (TRM)
You will need:
- A host PC that matches the minimum requirements of the Code Composer Studio IDE
- A target board that features one of the compatible JTAG headers
You may need:
- An adapter to allow connecting to target boards that features different JTAG headers
- Product box dimensions: 280mm x 210mm x 51mm (11in x 8.0in x 2.0in)
- Packaged product weight: 450g (1.0lb)