The XDS560v2 PRO TRACE Receiver is the latest model of the XDS560v2 family of high-performance debug probes (emulators) for TI processors. The XDS560v2 is the highest performance of the XDS family of debug probes and supports both the traditional JTAG standard (IEEE1149.1) and cJTAG (IEEE1149.7).
The XDS560v2 PRO TRACE Receiver supports the same features as the XDS560v2 System Trace family (USB version, USB & Ethernet version) and adds support for core pin trace (instruction and data) in its large external memory buffer. Available for selected TI devices, this external memory buffer captures all instructions that are executed by a processor or core to allow analyzing hard-to-find issues in an embedded system. Also, all XDS debug probes support Core and System Trace in all ARM and DSP processors that feature an Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB).
The XDS560v2 PRO TRACE Receiver connects to the target board via either a MIPI HSPT 60-pin or a TI 60-pin connector (with a supplied adapter) and to the host PC via either USB2.0 High speed (480Mbps) or Ethernet 10/100Mbps.
The XDS560v2 PRO TRACE Receiver comes in a package consisting of:
- Trace capture box, which contains the processing/memory/interface unit
- Target cable and Trace JTAG header, which contains a signal buffer unit
- Setup guide
- MIPI HSPT 60-pin to TI 60-pin converter adapter
- 12V/5.0A power supply
- USB2.0 cable
- Ethernet CAT5 cable
- IEC 60320 C13 Power cables for United States (NEMA 5/15), most of Europe (CEE7/7) and United Kingdom (BS1363)
- Basic JTAG debug is supported on most TI microcontrollers (except MSP430), all wireless MCUs, most DSPs (except C54x, C62x, C67x) and all ARM processors
- cJTAG debug supports all CC26xx, CC2538 and CC13xx devices
- DSP processor trace is available for 66AK2x, C66x, C645x and C647x devices
- ARM processor trace (ETM) is available for AM437x, 66AK2x, RM48x, RM57x, TMDS570LS31x/21x and TMS570LC43x devices
- System trace is available for devices that are system trace enabled such as AM335x, AM437x, 66AK2x, C66x, DM81x, AM38x
- For more information on the trace capabilities of a particular device please refer to its technical reference manual (TRM)
You will need:
- A host PC that matches the minimum requirements of the Code Composer Studio IDE
- A target board that sports one of the compatible JTAG headers (MIPI HSPT 60-pin or TI 60-pin).
You may need:
- An adapter to allow connecting to target boards that features different JTAG headers
- Product box dimensions: 510mm x 310mm x 160mm (20in x 12in x 6.0in)
- Packaged product weight: 2.5kg (5.5lb)