The AM3359 Industrial Communications Engine (ICE) is a development platform targeted for systems that specifically focus on the industrial communications capabilities of the Sitara AM335x ARM® Cortex™-A8 Processors
The AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 Processors integrate the Programmable Real-time Unit (PRU) that has been architected to implement the real-time communication technologies used in a broad range of industrial automation equipment. It enables low foot print designs with minimal external components and with best in class low power performance.
TMDSICE3359 is a revised version of TMDXICE3359 with production AM3359 silicon and a notable improvements including:
- Option of controlling the Ethernet ports from PRU or from 2-port GbE switch
- On-board OLED display
- DDR3 memory
- Support for larger NOR Flash upto 32Mb
- Industrial communication modules
- Industrial communication interfaces for sensors and input/output (I/O) systems
- Industrial communication gateways
- Industrial drives with integrated communications
- Motor feedback systems
The ICE hardware and included software is designed to help integrate the industrial communications interfaces in a broad range of industrial systems. Some of these are listed below.