The TSW16DX370EVM is a reference design board used to evaluate the high performance receiver IF super-heterodyne subsystem solution including the following products from Texas Instruments:
- TRF37B32 dual down-converting mixer with integrated IF amplifier
- LMH6521 dual digitally controlled variable gain amplifier (DVGA)
- ADC16DX370 dual channel 16-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- LMX2581 wideband frequency synthesizer with integrated VCO
- LMK04828 ultra low jitter synthesizer and jitter cleaner
The reference design features a wide RF input range from 700-2700MHz, IF bandwidth of over 100MHz, sampling rate of 368.64MSPS, and an output high-speed serial data rate of 7.37Gb/s, all derived from an on-board 61.44MHz reference oscillator. Two LC bandpass filters at the IF provide significant anti-aliasing protection and flat passband response. The signal chain achieves 28.7dB of power gain with variable gain control down to -2.8dB in 0.5dB steps.
The ADC16DX370EVM connects directly to the TSW14J56EVM data capture hardware via the high speed FMC connector and may optionally be connected to a number of FPGA reference platforms from a number of vendors.
The High Speed Data Converter Pro Software is also available for data capture and analysis support when using the TSW14J56EVM.